FLSA Status: Non – Exempt
Work Schedule: Monday – Thursday 8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Friday7:30 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Reports to (primary): Office Manager
Reports to (secondary): General Manager
Enter correctly all customer orders for Garden State Cold Storage and route all orders correctly.
Essential Job Functions
- Must enter accurately and confirm all orders and route them to the Shipping department
- On a daily basis – Answer promptly all e-mails and our telephone enquiries regarding all customer inquiries regarding orders
- Resolve customer enquiries regarding the receipt or shipment of merchandise.
- Liase with the Shipping, Inventory and Receiving Departments to ascertain the status of merchandise with-in the warehouse.
- Assist with E-Filing
- Perform other duties as they become necessary.
- 2 + years’ experience
- Data entry, customer service experience.
- Proficient in using telephones, emails, fax and Microsoft Office applications.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Working knowledge of warehouse operations
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions – furnished in oral, written form.
- Good interpersonal skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Proficient in using telephones, fax machines, etc. and Microsoft office applications.
Physical Demands of the Job
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; sit, walk.
- The employee is required to use a computer, telephone, fax/scanner/copier and other office tools.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is subject the following work environment:
- The employee may be subject to both inside and outside environmental conditions.
- The employee is required to work in a normal office environment.
- The employee may be n subject to extreme cold: temperatures typically between 35-40 degrees Fahrenheit and occasionally may be exposed to temperatures of zero degrees Fahrenheit.
- The employee is subject to hazards including moving pallets; material and/or equipment handling.
- The noise level in the work environment can be loud.
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. This position may be assigned to perform other related duties to meet the on-going needs of the organization. Additionally, this position is expected to adhere to all company policies and to act as a role -model representing leadership and corporate culture.
How to Apply
Please include the job title for the position you are applying to in the subject field. Someone from the GSCS team will get back to you as soon as we can.