FLSA Status: NA
Work Schedule: Monday – Friday
8:00am – 4:30pm
Reports to (primary): Shipping Manager
Reports to (secondary): Warehouse Manager
The Shipping Checker is to verify all orders being shipped from Garden State Cold Storage against the warehouse Bill of Lading. Ensure that all products are loaded safely, accurately and efficiently. All driver’s products are to be loaded immediately upon being assigned a door. Match product against BOL by case count, item description, pack size, brands, COO, etc.
Essential Job Functions
- You must read & verify all case counts, item descriptions, pack sizes and brands of all Product shipping from GSCS.
- Shipping checker is to ensure that every pallet that is being shipped is visually verified before it is shipped; and is loaded onto the correct truck.
- Shipping department’s priority is to ensure that all customers are taken care of Immediately and receive fast and accurate service.
- Loading does not begin until driver truck is backed up completely and wheels are chocked, pallets are exchanged and/or paid for.
- Shipping checker is to sign every shipment/b.o.l.
- No loaders are to open dock doors unless instructed.
- Shippers and loaders are to give a visual safety check of truck to be loaded or unloaded.
- Shipping assistants are not to load any product onto any truck without the Authorization and visual check by the shipping checker.
- If more than 3 trucks are picking up product at once, the assistant warehouse Manager, receiving supervisors or warehouse manager must be called to assist.
- ensure that no one uses warehouse equipment or dock doors other than GSCS Employees.
- Shipping area should remain organized, clean and clear for efficient shipping.
- All pallet/product that is being moved must be done by using the WMS RF scanner.
- Runners are to fix any minor damages prior to exiting the freezer. Runners are to Report any product damages to product or the warehouse itself, to the warehouse Manager immediately.
- Coordinate with shipping office to determine which orders have appointments. Ensure the Order(s) are prepared.
- Any documentation on any order BOL must be written on both copies: one for the Warehouse record and one for the customer.
- Any discrepancies of item descriptions, case counts, pallet or lot # should be Immediately reported to the warehouse manager for correction. Shipping must never Alter an order without the directive from GSCS 3rd floor office.
- Other tasks include, reviewing orders and assisting with order priority, coordinating with legion express and receiving for exports. Support the GSCS shuttle.
- 2-3 years’ experience in warehouse operations.
- A valid US drivers License.
- Licensed to use Material Handling Equipment.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral diagram or schedule format.
- Ability to communicate well with a variety of personalities.
- Working knowledge of freezer and warehouse equipment and operations.
Physical Demands of the Job
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; sit, walk, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; use hands to finger, grasp, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; push or pull; talk and hear; use repetitive motions.
- The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 60 pounds.
- The employee is required to operate machinery and/or equipment such as forklifts, electric jacks, etc.
- The employee is required to have visual acuity to operate machinery and/or heavy equipment.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is subject the following work environment:
- The employee is subject to both inside and outside environmental conditions.
- The employee is working on a dock.
- The employee is subject to extreme cold: temperatures typically between 35-40 degrees Fahrenheit and occasionally may be exposed to temperatures of 0 degrees Fahrenheit.
- The employee is subject to hazards including moving pallets; material and/or equipment handling.
- The noise level in the work environment can be loud.
Measures of Performance
Performance reviews will be conducted annually. Freezer operations will be evaluated specifically on the following factors:
- Maintaining accurate product counts.
- Speed and accuracy of quantities received.
- Following accepted safety practices in accordance with company policies and procedures.
I have reviewed and understand the above job description and believe it to be accurate and complete. I also agree that management reserves the right to change this document at any time. Additionally, this position is expected to adhere to all safety requirements and company policies and procedures.
How to Apply
Please include the job title for the position you are applying to in the subject field. Someone from the GSCS team will get back to you as soon as we can.