FLSA Status: NA
Work Schedule: Monday – Friday,
9:30am – 6:00pm
Reports to (primary): Shipping Manager
Reports to (secondary): NA
The primary responsibility of the Turret Operator is to pick all orders in an safe, accurate and methodical manner. Put away product, relocate pallets, canceled and inspection orders.
Essential Job Functions
- To pick all orders in an efficient and methodical manner. First pick-ups for the current day, then legion express orders and last orders for the following day.
- Turret operators may assist their runners from time to time in picking, building or consolidating orders.
- Turret operators are responsible to verify the product description, case count, pallet & lot #’s and location of product during order picking. Make location correction by relocation (RFRL) if needed.
- Turret operators are to relocate & consolidate partial pallets (half a pallet location) to the a-level whenever possible or to place on top of another pallet safely and without damaging other products. Purpose is to gain locations for more freight.
- High school diploma
- 1-3 years experience in warehouse operations.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Working knowledge of freezer and warehouse equipment and operations.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
- Good interpersonal skills- having the ability to work with all types of people.
Physical Demands of the Job
Physical Demands of t,he Job The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; sit, walk, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; use hands to finger, grasp, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; push or pull; talk and hear; use repetitive motions.
- The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 pounds.
- The employee is required to operate machinery and/or equipment such as forklifts, electric jacks, etc.
- The employee is required to have visual acuity to operate machinery and/or heavy equipment.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is subject the following work environment:
- The employee is subject to both inside and outside environmental conditions.
- The employee is required to work on a dock.
- The employee is subject to extreme cold: temperatures typically between 35-40 degrees Fahrenheit and occasionally may be exposed to temperatures of zero degrees Fahrenheit.
- The employee is subject to hazards including moving pallets; material and/or equipment handling.
- The noise level in the work environment can be loud.
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Temperature screenings
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place
mask must be worn. warehouse is sanitized.
How to Apply
Please include the job title for the position you are applying to in the subject field. Someone from the GSCS team will get back to you as soon as we can.